If you're a Medicare beneficiary, Mount Carmel offers a one-time ultrasound screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). The screening is a painless, safe and accurate way to detect AAA, and is available to those who receive the "Welcome to Medicare" physical exam and meet the following criteria:
- Have received a physician referral as part of the Welcome to Medicare physical
- Have not previously received a AAA screening under the Medicare program
- Have the following risk factors:
- Men and women with a family history of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Men age 65 to 75 who have smoked at least 100 cigarettes in their lifetime
- Men and women with other identified risk factors
Mount Carmel is authorized to provide AAA ultrasound screenings and offers them at four of our imaging center locations. For more information and to determine qualification, contact your physician.
If you're not covered by Medicare, a low-cost abdominal aortic aneurysm screening is available through our vascular screenings program. Click here for more information.