Mount Carmel has been providing thoughtful, compassionate grief and loss counseling for more than two decades. Through our bereavement counseling program, we will help you understand the death of a loved one, the grief experience and the sometimes-troubling thoughts and emotions that can accompany a loss.
The Evergreen Program is Mount Carmel's professional service for children and adults who have experienced a loss. Located at the Mount Carmel Hospice & Evergreen Center in Grandview, near downtown Columbus, our bereavement counseling services and programs focus on the total family, whether that means a parent and child, or an extended network of relatives and friends.
Our interdisciplinary team includes bereavement-trained and licensed social workers, psychologists, counselors and chaplains. Professionally trained volunteers facilitate the Evergreen support groups and receive continual supervision from an experienced clinical staff. Our grief and loss counseling program is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Support Groups and Other Programs
In addition to the family-centered Evergreen Program, we offer a variety of bereavement care services to support individuals and groups through the grieving process, including:
- Grief Process Support Group, which allows individuals to safely share their feelings and gain strength from others. This group is open to everyone and is facilitated by professional counselors. Both daytime and evening groups are available.
- Education Programs on topics common to the grief experience.
- Preschool Grief Support Program, which addresses the needs of children age 3 to 5 with supportive counseling and play therapy.
- School Outreach Program, which includes on-site group support for students, teachers and staff members grieving the illness or death of classmates, teachers or school personnel.
- Speaker's Bureau, which is made up of counselors and individuals who are available to speak on a variety of grief-related topics.
- Support Group Schedule can be downloaded here.
- Family Grief Information Brochure.
Mount Carmel grief and loss counseling programs are funded by private donations through the Mount Carmel Foundation. There is never a charge for our bereavement services.
Mount Carmel Hospice and Evergreen Center
1144 Dublin Road
Columbus, OH 43215
For more information about bereavement counseling services and programs at Mount Carmel, please call 614-234-0200.
Donations to Hospice are accepted through the Mount Carmel Foundation. If you would like to make a donation, click here. Be sure to select Hospice/Palliative Care from the drop down list when prompted about what you would like your gift to benefit.