If you are interested in applying to our Internal Medicine categorical residency program, here are some recommendations/guidelines to help you get started.
All applications must be submitted electronically via the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). In addition to applying through the NRMP, the following application information must be received no later than December 1 of each recruitment year in order for your application to be considered:
- Dean’s letter
- Three additional letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- First time passage of Part I, II, and CSA of the USMLE examination –or-
- First time passage of Part I and Part II of the COMLEX examination if you are from an osteopathic school
- All International Medical Graduates must be permanent residents or United States citizens. We do not accept any type of visa. In addition, you must have the following:
- ECFMG Certification
- At least one year of experience in the United States (we do not offer any externships or observerships in order to obtain this experience)
- You must have graduated from Medical School within 5 years of applying to our program
Once all of the above information is collected through ERAS, your application will be reviewed by the Program Administrator and the Program Director. Once a decision is made regarding your application, you will receive an e-mail message regarding the status of your application. All interview invitations will be sent via email. Our interviews will take place in November and December, 2013.
If you have further questions on how to apply, please call 614-234-1444 to receive step-by-step instructions about our application process. If, after listening to the pre-recorded instructions, you still have questions about our program, Click here to e-mail the Program Administrator.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your residency application. Thank you for your interest in the Mount Carmel Internal Medicine Residency Program.