Mount Carmel's Internal Medicine Residency Program is led by a dedicated group of clinicians that encompasses six full-time internal medicine faculty and over 30 key subspecialists. All members are board certified and most are recertified in internal medicine and/or their particular specialty and continue to see private patients. This level of involvement ensures residents a real-world view of medical practice and of the physician-patient relationship.
John Weiss, MD, FACP
- Dr. John C. Weiss is the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program. A native of Ohio, he obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree from Wright State University and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Cincinnati. He completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Indiana University Medical Center.
- Dr. Weiss began his journey as an educator at the Indiana University Medical Center as an Assistant Professor of Clinical of Medicine. He then served as the Director of Ambulatory Education and Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency at Indiana University-Muncie Campus before returning to Ohio and accepting his present position as Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Dr. Weiss is board certified in Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. He is a dedicated medical educator. He has played a key role in improving the quality of the resident training in each program he has served and earning various student and resident teaching awards. His academic interests include clinical informatics, curriculum development, and healthcare quality and safety, presenting these topics on a state and national level. He was instrumental in developing an International Medicine Rotation for senior Internal Medicine Trainees.
- Dr. Weiss enjoys watching college and professional football, participating in the arts, and spending time with his wife Melissa and daughter Olivia. Presently, he serves as Vice President of the Board of Trustees for the Columbus Children’s Theatre.
Vik Tamaskar, MD
Associate Program Director
- Dr. Tamaskar is a graduate and former Chief Resident of the Mount Carmel Internal Medicine Residency Program. Originally from the Cleveland area, he graduated from The University of Cincinnati School of Medicine prior to completing his residency. He is a Board-Certified Internist who performs teaching rounds on the General Medicine rotation and helps to supervise M & M conferences, Morning Report, and Journal Club. Dr. Tamaskar’s teaching interests include board review, and he frequently lectures for MKSAP Club. Outside of work, Dr. Tamaskar enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, photography, and watching movies and Netflix.
Lisa Hamilton, MD
Metro West Ambulatory Care Director
- Dr. Hamilton graduated from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and completed her residency at Riverside Methodist Hospital. She is board certified in Family Medicine.
- Dr Hamilton is a very familiar face at the MCW campus. She has worked as an ER physician at Mt. Carmel East and West for the past 20 years.
- Dr. Hamilton is really excited to be the new Ambulatory Care Director and is looking forward to making Metro West "the place to be"
- She also hopes to teach the residents more procedures and focus on preventative care, which are a few of her passions in Medicine.
- Dr. Hamilton is from Columbus and lives in Hilliard with her husband and two daughters
Binay Eapen, MD
Internal Medicine Teaching Faculty
- Dr. Eapen is a Board-Certified Internist and graduate of our residency program. Dr. Eapen is directly involved with residents and medical students on inpatient rounds. His passions include emphasis on evidence-based medicine, medical simulation and medical jeopardy. He loves being at Mount Carmel because of the amazing atmosphere for teaching, and one on one interaction with residents. He loves opening the eyes of the residents and medical students to the great and wonderful world of Internal Medicine.
- He enjoys spending time with his wife Jenny, who is a Hospitalist at Mount Carmel West, and their three daughters Jaya, Aysha and Saraya.