Nurses lead the way by stepping forward to embrace new technologies, resolve emerging issues, and accept ever-changing roles in their profession. Mount Carmel Health System’s annual nursing conference, Journey to Excellence, focuses on nursing education to encourage nurses to provide the best possible care for their patients.
On September 17, 2014 Mount Carmel presented:
Journey to Excellence: Practice Safety on Your Journey
We would like to thank our diverse and dynamic group of speakers for providing in-depth insight, as well as valuable and practical methods that can be used to achieve efficiency in providing safe care to ourselves, as well as to our patients:
- CAUTI/CLABSI – presented by Russ Nassof, ESQ, Vice-President of RiskNomics from Scottsdale , AZ
- Human Trafficking – presented by Laura Kaiser BSN, RN SANE – A, SANE Coordinator for Mount Carmel Health System
- Tactics of Self-Defense – presented by Scott Mulhollen, Owner and Master Instructor of Dynamic Self Defense in New Albany, Ohio
- Diversion and Safe Medication Administration – presented by Jenni Wai, BSPH, MBA, RPh, Director of Pharmacy for Mount Carmel East Hospital
- Personal and Professional Safety – presented by Cheryl Mace, MSN, MALM, RN, Chief Mission Leader for Mount Carmel East, Mount Carmel West, & Mount Carmel Grove City
- Mount Carmel Health Mission Services
The Mount Carmel Health System (OH-007/07-01-17) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The committee would like to thank the Mount Carmel Health System Chief Nursing Officers for generously providing the funding for the keynote speaker.
Funding is made possible through generous donations to the Mount Carmel Foundation.