Mount Carmel recognizes the benefits of partnerships between commercial entities and providers of CME and has adopted a Policy for Commercial Support (visit CME Commercial Support Policy for more information) to appropriately facilitate these relationships. All interactions between CME providers and industry representatives must adhere to this policy, as well as to the Ohio State Medial Association's (OSMA) Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, the following information about opportunities and scheduling procedures will maximize your Mount Carmel experience.
Mount Carmel will offer the following opportunities to commercial entities:
- Mount Carmel will offer exhibit/display opportunities when appropriate.
- Representatives of commercial entities may attend CME activities as passive learners and guests without charge. This includes companies not represented by monetary support as well as those companies that support activities with educational grants.
- To inquire about specific CME Grand Rounds schedules and other CME opportunities, click here to e-mail your request. Grand Rounds schedules are developed by physician planners with assistance from the CME Program Administrators.
- Resident conference schedules are maintained by each graduate medical education (GME) residency program. To inquire about presentation opportunities in GME, please contact the appropriate program administrator:
The following procedures are designed to simplify your contact with Mount Carmel associates and make the best use of time and resources:
- Representatives should call ahead for availability of the appropriate Mount Carmel contact person. All representatives must arrange an initial meeting with the Director of Medical Education, the CME/GME Manager, or a CME/GME Program Administrator.
- Representatives should visit other Mount Carmel associates and physicians by appointment only.
- Representatives are required to register with Safety and Security and obtain a Vendor Badge prior to each appointment in Medical Education.
- The Medical Education Office will not type or copy materials for representatives. Materials for distribution may be left with the CME/GME Manager or Program Administrators and may not be deposited in residents' mailboxes.
- The Medical Education Office will not page any physician planner or resident for representatives.
Your continued commitment to excellence in Medical Education is greatly appreciated. We look forward to working with you.