If you are interested in applying to our Transitional Year Residency Program, here are some recommendations/guidelines to help you get started.
All applications must be submitted electronically via the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). In addition to registering with the NRMP, the following application information must be received by December 1 of each recruitment year in order for your application to be considered:
- Dean's letter
- Three additional letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- First time passage of USMLE Part I and Part II Examinations –or-
- First time passage of Part I and Part II COMLEX examinations if you are from an osteopathic school
- For all non-LCME schools, previous experience within the United States healthcare system is preferred
- Graduation from medical school within the last five years
All International Medical Graduates (IMGs) must be permanent residents or United States citizens. We do not accept any type of visa.
Once all of the above information is collected through ERAS, your application will be reviewed by the Program Administrator and the Program Director. Once a decision is made regarding your application, an invitation for a personal interview and tour of the hospital may be extended. Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to interview all applicants.
If you have further questions on how to apply, please call 614-234-1444 for step-by-step instructions about our application process. If, after listening to the pre-recorded instructions, you still have questions about our program, click here to e-mail the Program Administrator.