Mount Carmel offers a special, in-home wellness visit for moms and new babies. This free, hour-long visit is conducted by a specially trained Mount Carmel Registered Nurse who will:
- Provide a nursing assessment for mom and baby
- Check baby's weight
- Check baby's umbilical cord and baby's sleeping and eating habits
- Answer any questions or concerns mom might have, including those about breastfeeding
- Administer a postpartum depression screening
- Provide educational information regarding baby's growth and development and other community resources, as well as, a baby bath thermometer and board book for baby
To schedule your free home visit, call 614-546-4227.
This program is funded thanks to generous donations to the Mount Carmel Foundation.