Mount Carmel Hospice services provide expert treatment, counseling and care for patients and their families who are facing a life-limiting illness. Patients receive relief from pain and discomfort, as well as the emotional and spiritual support of experienced, empathetic professionals.
Our hospice services are provided by a diverse team that includes physicians, nurses, social workers, aides, counselors, trained volunteers and chaplains. Each lends their expertise in implementing a personal and comprehensive care plan that's developed in cooperation with attending physicians and mindful of each patient's wishes.
Among the most common services provided through our hospice programs are:
- Regular visits from hospice nurses and social workers
- Medications, medical supplies and equipment
- Pain management therapies
- Bathing and personal care
- Dietary counseling
- Massage therapy
- Pet therapy and visitation
- Special service therapies, including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Encouragement and education
- Spiritual counseling
- Support in dealing with loss and grief
- Volunteer visitation and assistance
- 24-hour on-call availability
Light Up a Life
For more information about Mount Carmel Hospice, call 614-234-0200.
Donations to Hospice are accepted through the Mount Carmel Foundation. If you would like to make a donation, click here. Be sure to select Hospice/Palliative Care from the drop down list when prompted about what you would like your gift to benefit.